Marrakech – High Atlas - Ouarzazate – Zagora
Pick up from Marrakech at 7h30, we start our journey crossing the High Atlas via the Tizi N' Tichka pass 2260m. A snaky road with a lot of curves, beautiful views on the Berber villages sticking in the mountains and contrast changes. We discover one of the most preserved villages in the southern parts of Morocco;Ait Benhaddou; a fortified village served as a natural decor for different movies tournament a long time ago, a guided visit of one hour until the top of the hill to dominate the whole ksar and its mud Kasbahs. After that, we head to Ouarzazate to see Taourirt Kasbah with some stops to see the cinemas studios & movie sets. After lunch, we continue towards Zagora via Agdez and through Draa valley. In Zagora, we began our camel trek to get to the tented Berber camp, we spend the night in nomadic tents. Dinner & breakfast are served at the camp.
It is possible to postpone Ait Benhaddou visit until the 2nd day in order to allow more time on site especially in winter months when the days are shorter.
Zagora – Ouarzazate or Ait Benhaddou - Marrakech
Early wake up to enjoy the amazing sunrise over the small dunes of the Zagora desert followed by a traditional breakfast. Camel Trek back to meet your driver and drive along the Draa valley with breaks for photos and lunch on the road before we return to Marrakech via Ouarzazate or Ait Benhaddou & Atlas Mountains. Drop off at your Marrakech Riad/Hotel.
Included in Marrakech 2 Days Zagora Desert Tour
- Private A/C licensed vehicle Minibus or SUV with fuel
- Experienced English speaking driver
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation
- Ensuite rooms with A/C in typical hotels, Kasbahs & Riads
- All breakfast & dinners (Vegetarians are welcome)
- Camel Trek to overnight in nomad desert bivouac with guide (Private tents)
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Benhaddou, kasbah, Walks, Canyons, Breaks for photos…Etc